This year’s Community Health Fair is slated for March 12 and 13 at the
Screenings are quick assessments or tests that help identify individuals who may be at risk for disease or health complications. A few of the screenings available are the non-fasting blood draws, blood pressure checks, blood sugar tests, hearing and retinal photographs.
Demonstrations throughout the event will highlight gardening, disaster preparedness, exercise, therapeutic art and quick healthy smoothies.
Tuesday, March 12
· 5:30 PM – “Zumba – Get Up & Move!” by Melanie Wadley
· 6:00 PM – “Compact Gardening” by Tim Fine, MSU Extension Service
Wednesday, March 13
· 9:00 AM – “Shake It Up!” Smoothie Demo by Ludmila Keller, MSU Extension Service
· 10:00 AM – “SilverSneakers” by Jenny Skov from HealthWorks
· 11:00 AM – “Disaster Preparedness” by American Red Cross
· 12 Noon – “Zentangle – A Relaxing Art Method” by Peggy Kopp
· 1:00 PM – “Shake It Up!” Smoothie Demo by Ludmila Keller, MSU Extension Service
Representation from various organizations will be readily available both days addressing a full range of health-related topics from nutrition advice to mental health issues as well as chiropractic services to preventative programs to name a few. In addition, the
Concessions will be available both days. The Nazarene Church Youth Group will provide supper from 5:00 to 6:30 PM on Tuesday evening and