Facebook YouTube

Medical Records

Sidney Health Center’s Health Information Services Department, formerly known as Medical Records, oversees the creation and maintenance of medical records for patients cared for through the hospital, including inpatient admissions, emergency services, outpatient surgery, and outpatient testing.

Office Hours:

Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Contact Information:

Health Information Services Department

Release of Information


How Do I Transfer or Obtain Copies of My Medical Records?

To request copies of your medical records or to have your records transferred to another healthcare provider, please complete our Authorization for Release of Health Care Information form.
  • The authorization must be signed by the patient (must be at least 18 years of age), a parent of a minor patient, or the patient’s legally empowered representative. Legally emancipated minors may sign for their own records.
  • Please fill out the form as completely as you can. In the “Description of Information to be Released” section, be sure to include the specifics of what you would like released, such as specific dates of service.
    1. If you need x-ray films transferred to another health care provider, please note this on the form as well. We will forward your request to our Radiology department.
  • Please mail or fax your signed, completed authorization to:
    1. Sidney Health Center
      Attn: Health Information Services
      216 14th Avenue SW
      Sidney, MT 59270
      Fax (406)488-2127
  • You may also bring your completed authorization form directly to our department during our office hours. Depending on the number of pages to be copied, we may ask that you return at a later time to pick up the copies.
To learn more about managing your personal health care information, visit www.myphr.com.

Is There a Charge for Copies of Medical Records?

There is no charge for copies of records sent directly to another health care provider or for one set of copies made for the patient’s personal use.

Notice of Privacy Practices

Our Notice of Privacy Practices describes how information about you will be used and disclosed for treatment, payment, and other health care-related activities.

How Do I Obtain a Copy of my Birth Certificate?

To obtain a copy of a birth certificate, please contact the Richland County Clerk & Recorder’s office at the Richland County Courthouse, 210 West Main, Sidney, MT 59270, (406)433-1708. They can assist you in obtaining a copy of a birth certificate from any Montana county. You may also download a request form from the Montana Dept. of Public Health and Human Services.
Patients and Visitors
• Medical Records
Patient Guide
Advanced Directives
Visitor's Guide
Privacy Practices
Non-discrimination Policy
My Chart
© 2018 Sidney Health Center 216 14th Avenue Southwest Sidney, MT 59270 (406) 488-2100

site by DAWA