In harmony with Sidney Health Center’s mission, the rehabilitation staff prides itself on a compassionate and caring approach to patient care while helping clients achieve goals related to optimizing recovery, maximizing functional independence, and enhancing comfort levels. In this way the Rehabilitation Services help those served to achieve their highest level of health and well-being.
The rehabilitation staff provides services in multiple venues including Inpatient, Outpatient, Extended Care, Home Health/Hospice and Schools. In addition, Rehabilitation Services treat patients with various musculoskeletal, neurological, metabolic, systemic, genetic, integumentary, and general medical problems through the lifespan from newborns to geriatric clientele.
Rehabilitation Services accept referrals from and work closely with local and regional physicians to best meet the needs of their patients.
Physical therapy involves skilled care to assist individuals to reach maximum function. Physical therapists focus on functional mobility, ambulation, balance, strength, joint mobility and pain. Physical therapists work with clients with musculoskeletal, neurologic, general medical and developmental problems or injuries. PT services often include:
• Bed mobility and transfer training
• Gait training
• Forms of therapeutic exercise included strengthening, stretching, balance activities
• Pain control modalities
• Manual therapy including types of massage, soft-tissue mobilization, joint mobilization, manual traction, etc.
• Management of post surgical conditions
• Fine motor/gross motor coordination and efficiency
Occupational therapy involves skilled treatment to assist individuals with various impairments to achieve independence in all facets of their lives. Occupational therapy focuses on helping people develop “skills for the job of living” necessary for optimum functioning. Occupational therapists work with clients through the lifespan and in various settings. OT services typically include:
• Customized treatment programs to improve one’s abilities to perform daily activities
• Comprehensive home and job site evaluations with adaptation recommendations
• Performance skills assessments and treatment
• Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
• Client, family and caregiver education
• Hand therapy
• Activities of Daily Living
• Sensory processing/integration
• Fine motor problems.
Speech therapy is the skilled treatment of speech and language disorders. Speech therapy provides interventions to maximize communication and oral motor capabilities. Speech therapy can help diagnose, treat and manage limitations in the following areas:
• Speech and Language
• Receptive and expressive language disorders
• Sensory processing and integration