Through quality nursing care, activities, self-improvement, and friendships, Extended Care proves there is more to aging than growing old. We want to show others how companion animals, the opportunity to care for other living things, and the variety and spontaneity that mark an enlivened environment can succeed where pills and therapies fail. In short, we believe:
- Aging is a natural and normal life process
- Aging should not limit a person's right to experience life to its fullest
- People should be able to live their life at their highest level of health, independence, and well-being
We find that people feel more comfortable in surroundings that meet their individual needs for friendships and activities, as well as safety. In striving to meet each individual's unique and specific needs, we offer specialized environments with specialized staff. Admission to all of the following programs requires a Physician's order:
- Skilled Care: This service provides care to those in need of intense physical care and requires the services of professional nursing and/or rehabilitation staff.
- Therapeutic Care: This service is provided to those requiring close companionship, professional nursing, social services, and rehabilitation staff. This type of care is specialized for those people with dementia.
- Golden Bridge Care: This program offers general day services at Extended Care, such as dining, beauty shop services, and activities. Transportation to and from these day services is available.
- Respite Care: Respite Care is available for short stays up to five consecutive nights, where nursing, supervision, meals, activities, and companionship are needed.